Play the new version here.
This is the first fun build, in my opinion. There’s still no actual gameplay, but the visuals make it a bit more compelling to toy around with. Changes I introduced are:
- Refactored collectible object code to give more flexibility
- Added a lot more objects on the board
- Swapped out the boring blue square for a model of a gem
- Made the gems randomly spin around
- Added a particle effect when the gems are collected
- Modified the collection region to fill in a triangle, instead of drawing a border
- Reduced the time for the collection region to disappear
- Collected objects are replaced after a random amount of time
Bugs I’m aware of:
- Objects are sometimes collected despite being outside the collection region
- Sometimes the puck continues to travel after hitting the second surface (and forming a triangle)
- Sometimes the puck can leave the arena
- Sometimes collectible objects can spawn too close to the edge, or even outside arena all together
Nice progress. I like the sparkles. Are there plans on having larger/smaller gems? How about colors?
We’re thinking different. colors for the prototype, and maybe different sizes/values in the long term. Tonight I’ll add in a scoring system and a lose condition, then we’ll have an actual game.